Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Be like a Giraffe!


Not satisfied with your height? Not being confident among your friends? Actually, if you think about it, everyone is born short! As often as the question “Can I grow taller after puberty?” is asked, it is more often that the question isn’t asked at all, due to widespread misconception that you can’t grow after puberty. Mehh, throw that thought away =)

I’m 172cm, so it is consider tall for a girl in an Asian country. Since I got so many questions about my height, might as well do a blog post about it, thou these are not the method nor reason that I grew this tall, I’m ‘blessed’ with my dad’s strong sperm and inherited all his dominant characteristics eg, tall, small-Korean-liked-eyes. LOL

It is annoying sometimes, being tall, I can’t wear heels! All these while in shopping malls, I can only stare at those beautiful 4 inch heels and note to myself that I won’t be this tall in my next life XD I'm not complaining, just saying. Ohh well, let’s get started.

First of all, the body CAN continue grow naturally beyond growth spurt period experienced during adolescence but in most cases, growth stops years after growth spurt ended.

The human body has what known as growth plates. Once they fuse together your bones cannot naturally grow any longer, but, there is a scientifically possible to grow in the spine. It’s a spongy padding between each vertebra that can add you ¼ of an inch on each of it once stimulated. You can achieve it by doing exercise eg: The Inversion - Lay flat on the floor face down. With your arms, push your upper body up as if you’re doing ouch ups while your bottom half of your body stays on the floor. Or you can try yoga, Pilate helps too!


Bear in mind that when you exercise, it is suppose to flex and strengthen your body, not abuse it.

Next you need food with loads of protein and calcium. These are nutrients that make your bones stronger.

Lastly, this is the simplest way for lazy a person and gives instant growth in seconds – choose the right clothing. Wear pinstripe tops or solid colour tops. And of course, elevator shoes!

Here's an example of a pinstripe top, in case if you have no idea how it looks like =)

Giraffe heels!

Hahahahahahaha, please, even if you're desperate to be taller, don't get something like this. Omg, unless you're heading to a costume party.

No comments:

Post a Comment