Sunday, April 24, 2011

Double Eyelid Tape

I admit I have small-single-eyelid, double eyelid tapes had been with me for years and I literally cant live without it. It really takes time to learn how to stick it properly. I've used glues and tapes and I find single sided tapes works best for me because glu and double sided tapes shows the fold when you close your eyes and I hate that. One more thing is when you start sweating, the glu and double sided tape detaches from your lids easier than single sided tape. So how do you ensure your double eyelid tape stays on all day?

Our eyelids naturally secretes oil to moisturize our skin and prevents bacteria infections. And when this happens, the sticky side of the tape will slip and slide, this is when disasters happens. Especially in Malaysia, where its often hot and humid, we tend to sweat a lot. Yes, your eyelids have sweat glands too. Imagine you going on your first date, your double eyelid slips! Your eye will definitely looked.... ... . ..... Weird. Omg, weird doesn't even do it justice. Its horrible.

What I normally do is I apply a sheer colour eyeliner like Maybelline 2-in-1 Impact Shadow Liner, or sometimes if I'm wearing a smokey eye I'll just use pencil liner to line my lids and blend it out. What this does is it creates a tacky surface that holds your tape securely in place.


Primer
helps control oily lids! Urban Decay Primer Potion is often raved by beauty gurus on youtube and it always runs out of stock. You cant really get it from beauty stores here, but you can always get it online. I hope Sephora near Star Hill carries it! Definitely check it out!
Next you can do is moisturize your eyes after you remove your make up and also before bed. I know you're probably confused. Let me explain. You see, when your lids are dry, your glands will naturally produce more oil to moisturize it. So when it has enough moisture, less oil will be produced!

I hope this post helps! Stay pretty! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment